dimanche 17 mai 2009

how do we have to expect from Fedora 11

I like fedora very much. I always install the last version as soon as it becomes available. However, I am still disappointed with the fact that Fedora (and more generally linux) does not still support many hardware. I think that at this step, linux commuties have to make a very hard work on this field.

In this period, I am finding great problems to install easycap video adapter on linux.

I hope that things will be easier soon.


2 commentaires:

  1. I would say that this is more a Hardware Vendor issue than a Linux issue. Every time I'm forced to do a Windows install for someone, I'm always astonished at how poor its hardware support is compared to Linux.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. you are right;
    however, considering that situation, linux developpers should make better effort in this field. Presonnally, I am more interrested to the fact that my linux recognise the hardware than it boots in 20 seconds.

    I hope you share my point of view

    RépondreSupprimer